Saturday, February 27, 2016

Bible Quiet Book: Jesus' Death, Burial, and Resurrection

Here is the last two page spread I designed. I really wanted to include this theme in my quiet book but couldn't find any ideas, so I just created them myself based off coloring pages for the tomb and ascension and my own imagination for the rest.


As a last minute addition, I sewed in three flower buttons behind the bush by the tomb. I tell my children that it signifies the three days Jesus was in the grave, but they are flowers because of God's promise that He would raise His Son from the dead!


I sewed in a strip of white cloth for the grave clothes that Jesus was wrapped in at His burial.


Here is the tomb closed up with the rock. I thought about creating a soldier that would be uncovered when you moved the rock, but it felt like a lot of additional work and I was anxious to keep moving on this project, so that idea eventually got ruled out. Maybe you can add it to yours!


Here is the resurrection page. Jesus ascends into Heaven on a cord. I should have created more disciples, but again, time restraints kept these details to a minimum.


I was grateful for the many opportunities I had to share about Jesus with my children as they watched me work on these pages. It was well worth the effort to create these pages just for that blessing alone.

Here are my templates.
JesusDeath1
JesusDeath2
JesusDeath3
JesusResurrection

Here are the coloring pages that started my creative juices flowing.
Tomb
Ascension

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly