Okay, I just have to say this out of desperation and frustration at all the hype and nonsense floating around out there on the Internet. For those of you who post political articles, I urge you to please think before you post and research a little, no matter which candidate you stand for.
Make sure your articles hold up to scrutiny by checking:
- Are they factual? Do they use actual quotes from the candidates and are the quotes taken in the right context.
- Do the articles come from reliable, reputable sources? Steer clear of sites that will post anything and everything for the thrill factor or simply to make a political statement regardless of the truth.
- Are they just conspiracy theories? Conspiracy theories are good at taking a small amount of truth and twisting them into a huge (false) story. Conspiracy theories are:
- unverifiable by any hard evidence
- slanderous and hurtful
- based on a little truth and expanded into a huge falsehood