Saturday, February 14, 2015

Meeting Needs

Mark 6:30-34 tells the story of Jesus continuing to give and give to the mass of people that desperately needed Him, disregarding His own weariness. He is a beautiful example for me to emulate. As a mother of three little ones, sometimes I feel so exhausted by the end of the day after meeting needs all day long. I feel annoyed if one of them needs me for something after I've tucked them into bed.

Reading this passage, the Holy Spirit convicts me of my own selfishness, wanting some down time, time to myself, instead of giving the love and attention my children need from me. My little ones are God's precious gifts to me, and while it's not sinful to feel tired, it reveals a problem in my heart when I become angry at having to answer another call from the kids' bedroom. I am grateful that at such moments, I can call upon my Lord to fill me with new strength for the task at hand, knowing that He, too, felt weary at times and that He offers me grace sufficient to respond correctly to every situation. I'll try to remember this lesson next time my babies ask yet again for something when I feel less than able to meet the request. After all, He, my good Father, has never turned me down when I have been needy before Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly