Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Sneak Peak...

Okay, so I have decided to work on a Bible quiet book for my kids. As I started collecting ideas and templates, I discovered that most of the Bible quiet books came from blogs by Mormons. Some of their pages were great, but others were based on stories that aren't in the Bible, so I assume they come from some of their other writings. Obviously, those were not of interest to me. Thus I determined several things:
1. I was going to have to make my own templates for quite a few pages that I'd like to do.
2. I wanted to share my templates and final outcomes online for other evangelical Christians who are wanting to make quiet books for their children.

I am waiting to get a sewing machine to get started on this project, but in the meantime, I am continuing to collect ideas and create my templates.
Here is the tentative plan for my book:
1. Joseph's coat of many colors
2. Baby Moses in basket on river
3. Peter's fishing boat
4. Nativity scene
5. Cross, tomb, and resurrection of Jesus
6. Jonah and fish
7. Armor of God
8. Noah's ark
9. Ruth harvesting in field
10. Rahab hiding spies on rooftop
11. Woman at the well with Jesus

I am using Bible coloring pages found online to get me started on most of the templates as I am not an artist. Give me time as I will be working on this project for quite a while (remember I have 3 young children!), but I am excited to work on this project and will look forward to sharing with you the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly