Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lent: A Time for Repentance

A friend of mine posted the following link on Facebook: 40 Things to Give Up for Lent. I was reminded as I read over the list that the Lenten season is one for repentance. One may argue that we need to be living a life of repentance all day, every day of the year. Which is true. But, it doesn't negate the necessity at times of going a little deeper, pausing to reflect and allow the Holy Spirit to do some extra "cleaning" in our lives. I generally keep my house clean and I have a weekly cleaning spree. However, my house definitely benefits from a deep spring cleaning at least once a year. How much more my spiritual life?

I was challenged as I read over the list from the link above and I will be prayerfully reading over this list again in the coming days. I pray that the Holy Spirit will continue the work of opening my eyes to the sin in my life and enabling me to conquer it through the blood of Jesus, my Savior. I hope you have a blessed Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly