Saturday, August 22, 2015

Bible Quiet Book: Jonah and the Whale

As promised, here is the first post in a series showing my pages in detail plus the templates I used to create them. Let me just say that the Jonah and whale pages are some of my kids' favorites. They ask to play with these pages more than any others. 

Let's start by looking at how my finished pages turned out. This is the two page spread.

This is the whale. I found some cute sea creature buttons that I sewed on for added details.

Here is the beach side, where Jonah can be spit up onto the dry land.

Jonah can fit inside the whale's mouth.

Jonah, 3 felt fish, and 3 coconuts can all snap off for fun play.

So here are the templates to make these pages! I just included the top of the waves for the background, as my full page would not fit on a 8.5" x 11" page. You can make the background water as long as needed to fit your page size. Click on the names to access the PDFs for download.

I did not create the beach template. I modified the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom template from this website.
And here is the coloring page I used as inspiration for creating my template. 

I hope some of you will try making this scene. It was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly